Haidar Pasha Cemetery

One of the least known cemetaries in istanbul.The land, formerly owned by Sultan Suleiman
the Magnificent, was donated to the British Government in 1855.The cemetery was first established for British soldiers from the Crimean War(more than 400) and also more than 700 civilians are interred in a separate section within the cemetery.

Until 1925, the British Government was directly responsible for the maintenance of the cemetery.
From then on, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission has taken over the duty on behalf of the British Government.

47_dsc0103.jpg
       
47_dsc0109.jpg
       
47_dsc0097_v2.jpg
       
47_dsc0108.jpg
       
47_dsc0102.jpg
       
47_dsc0101.jpg
       
47_dsc0094.jpg
       
47_dsc0096.jpg
       
47_dsc0085.jpg
       
47_dsc0091.jpg
       
47_dsc0089.jpg
       
47_dsc0086.jpg
       
47_dsc0081.jpg
       
47_dsc0073.jpg
       
47_dsc0065.jpg
       
47_dsc0067.jpg
       
47_dsc0070.jpg